• Jalal-Abad State University (JASU) was founded on April 2, 1993 on the basis of already functioning educational institutions:
• pedagogical school was founded in 1926 and zoo veterinary technical school was formed in 1947 (Jalal-Abad city).
• branches of Frunze polytechnic institute in Kara-Kul were founded in 1963 ; in Tash-Komur was founded in 1990;
• an engineering technical school was founded in 1981 (Kochkor-Ata);
• an electromechanical technical school was founded in 1965 (Mailu-Suu).
Jalalabad State University itself – long a leader in global education, with a multitude of international students and programs – faculty of Medicine reaches beyond Kyrgyz Republic borders to promote global diversity in our programs for medical graduates, students and aspiring health care professionals.
We welcome international applicants that come to us through established sponsor organizations seeking residency placements, fellowships or professional advancement via pathways that often start with research scholarships. We also offer them public health and professional advanced degrees, as well as basic sciences doctoral degree programs, research and training.
We are constantly expanding both the programs available to international applicants and our global reach.
Our mission at the Office of International Affairs is to help international candidates find the programs that fit their educational and medical career goals, make it as easy as possible for them to successfully complete the application and requirements process, and make every effort – given the considerable competition – to place them in an appropriate program.
We also are here, once they arrive, to provide the services and guidance to help make their education and stay in Jalalabad a rewarding one.
In addition, the Office of International Affairs provides a wealth of clinical enrichment, program analysis, lectures and other services to organizations abroad.