Blog

From the Blog !

  • BMU Blogs

    NEET Score Needed to Get Admission to Top Govt Medical Colleges

    • 10/6/2021 5:14:59 PM
    • 0 Comments
    • Manikanth
    • NEET Exams

    Over 16 lakh medical aspirants who had registered for the medical entrance exam - National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2021 - are awaiting their results. NEET 2021 results are expected to be announced in October. Soon after the result, the counselling will begin and students will start applying for top medical colleges.

    To be eligible to seek admissions to undergraduate medical courses, students need to obtain minimum qualifying marks. The minimum cut-off marks are decided by taking various factors like category, the total number of candidates who appeared in the exam, highest marks secured, and others. The cut-off marks may vary according to colleges, courses and the category of examinees.

    This year, the cut-off is expected to go lower than last year. In 2020, the cut-off score for top colleges was 720-147 and in 2019 it was 701-134. This year, experts believe that for unreserved category students, the score can range from 715 - 130.

    Here is a list of the past five years of closing ranks for admission to top medical courses for students to estimate which college they can get based on their score.

    MAULANA AZAD MEDICAL COLLEGE, NEW DELHI:

    YEARCLOSING RANK
    202090
    201932
    201858
    201749
    201644

    VMMC SAFDARJUNG HOSPITAL, NEW DELHI:

    YEARCLOSING RANK
    2020163
    2019157
    2018107
    201782
    2016106

    UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, NEW DELHI:

    YEARCLOSING RANK
    2020324
    2019171
    2018165
    2017185
    2016128

    LADY HARDINGE MEDICAL COLLEGE, NEW DELHI:

    YEARCLOSING RANK
    2020571
    2019489
    2018314
    2017369
    2016263

    GOVERNMENT MEDICAL COLLEGE, CHANDIGARH:

    YEARCLOSING RANK
    2020776
    2019360
    2018254
    2017278
    2016162

    SETH G.S. MEDICAL COLLEGE, MUMBAI:

    YEARCLOSING RANK
    2020457
    2019638
    2018296
    2017297
    2016408

    KING GEORGE’S MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW:

    YEARCLOSING RANK
    20201800
    2019908
    2018703
    2017725
    2016506

    STANLEY MEDICAL COLLEGE, CHENNAI:

    YEARCLOSING RANK
    20205253
    20194572
    20183520
    20173,848
    20162,264

    PT. BHAGWAT DAYAL SHARMA POST GRADUATE INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, ROHTAK:

    YEARCLOSING RANK
    20206573
    20191825
    20181178
    20171481
    20161035

    GRANT MEDICAL COLLEGE AND SIR JJ GROUP OF HOSPITALS, MUMBAI:

    YEAR CLOSING RANK
    20202828
    20191329
    20181122
    20171018
    2016408

    Every year, the top medical colleges release their opening and closing rank for NEET-UG admission to various medical programmes. Here are the last five years closing rank for top government colleges, implying the largest rank till which admissions were allowed under each college.

    The Directorate General of Health Sciences (DGHS) conducts the NEET counselling for all India quota (AIQ) seats on behalf of the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC). Of the total, 15% of seats in every college are offered for AIQ, however, the rest of 85% of seats are available for state domicile.



    Source: New18.com

0 Comments

LEAVE COMMENT

Chat with Yukti Belwal 0